Thursday, June 24, 2010

To tweet or not to tweet?


I have said many times I cannot imagine my professional and personal life without my PLN. I remember being introduced to Twitter back in 2008 when I did my online course Webtools4BrazilianEducators with Carla Arena from Casa Thomas Jefferson. I must confess at that time I was a bit lost and maybe because I'm rather anxious I wanted to use everything I was being introduced to at the same time.
Well, those days are gone but Twitter, in particular, has been a must have for me. I intend to devote some of my time now, maybe during the break in July, to evangelize my colleagues at CCBEUFRANCA and bring them to this enriching community of devoted Educators who have been so helpful whenever I need either to solve a tech problem, discuss some pedagogical issue or simply share something I may have come across and find interesting. Because of my awesome PLN, I have just come across this great video I believe you should all watch and see the amazing potential of Twitter for all of us.
Hope you enjoy it and, as usual, I would love to read your opinions about it. Have you started using twitter yet? What have you been doing with it? Has anything let you down?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gil!
Thanks for this post - I totally agree with you.
In 2008 I first heard about Twitter but was really reluctant to use it. I could not understand its use and if it would be useful or not. Then one day, in December 2009, after having discovered that my favourite Ken Wilson is on Twitter, I decided to give it a go. I have never regretted doing so - my life as a teacher and as a human being has completely, changed, and this is not an exaggeration. It is amazing how many things you can learn from Twitter. And then there are all the amazing educators you can connect to. So many people answer you and make you feel better on days when you post that you are not feeling so well.
I am actually looking forward to the day of my first tweet-up with one of the people I so admire on Twitter - and you are definitely one of them, Gil!
Thank you for this post.
Kindest regards,
Vicky

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Get Your Birthstones at Wishafriend.com

I write like...

I write like
Kurt Vonnegut

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!